POSITION: DAY CLEANER
REPORTS TO: TWINLEAF GAS & TOBACCO STORE MANAGER DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CAA Management is a locally owned and operated company within the Mohawk Territory of Akwesasne. It is the umbrella company for Twinleaf-branded convenience stores, fuel stations, food and beverage venues, and other interests. It is the mission of CAA Management to deliver quality goods and service to Akwesasne and the surrounding community.
The position of Day Cleaner is responsible for cleaning all areas within the store and diner common area using proper machinery and chemicals including, bathrooms at Akwesasne Trading Post Plaza and Jreck Subs. The candidate should be self-motivated and able to work alone. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Clean store and diner common areas; vacuum, sweeping and mopping of floors
– Clean Restrooms at Twinleaf, Smoker’s Warehouse, and Jreck Subs as well as refilling soap and toilet paper dispensers – Must perform buffing, stripping, waxing, and use of floor machinery for Twinleaf (Store/Diner), Smoker’s Warehouse, and Akwesasne Trading Post Plaza
– Must understand and adhere to the safe handling, usage, and storage of all chemicals used during the performance of job duties – Removes trash (inside and out), wipe down counters, clean windows (inside and out) throughout the entire building; Dispose and recycle empty cardboard boxes properly
– Clean shelves, take product off and dry shelf before putting back on to prevent contamination of chemicals on store goods
– Communicate with management staff of any issues found with equipment and area
– Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor
– High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) is considered an asset
– Applicant must be able to lift up to 50+lbs
– Must have a high attention to detail and good communication skills
– Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals without developing a reaction
– Ability to learn new tasks while working efficiently under pressure
– May include weekends and holidays
To Apply: Online at www.twinleafstores.com and Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or send to CAA Management: c/o Jake Swamp, PO Box 609, 76 Geronimo Lane, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Apply here.