POSITION: ASSISTANT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: STORE MANAGER
DEADLINE TO APPLY: UNTIL FILLED
CAA Management is a locally owned and operated company within the Mohawk Territory of Akwesasne. It is the umbrella company for Twinleaf-branded convenience stores, fuel stations, food and beverage venues, and other interests. It is the mission of CAA Management to deliver quality goods and service to Akwesasne and the surrounding community.
The Twin Leaf Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations and management of all employees and the areas of service to the customer, including knowledge of Store and Grab-n-Go items, presentation of the store, and help in grab n go area when needed. In addition to store management this position will require working hand in hand with in-store receivers, assisting manager to maintain competitive retail pricing and adequate margins. In this position it is crucial to be detail oriented and accurate to encourage the growth of our business. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Effectively handle multiple customers upholding our customer service standards.
– Respond to customer complaints and concerns in a professional manner
– Train and assist all employees in the understanding and completion of job requirements and our company policies
– Ability to perform all duties of a store cashier as needed, operating a POS (Point of Sale) and maintaining a cash drawer and effectively record transactions
– Monitor inventory and order products as needed notifying purchaser for reorders
– Communicate with Store Manager to ensure necessary products are ordered to fulfill needs required
– Maintain a high level of security and effective loss prevention strategies
– Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor
– Lead by example and motivate employees to perform at their best
– Manage daily routines of front of house team (Cashiers, Fuel Attendants, Grab-N-Go) ensuring a smooth transition in shifts
– Enforce company policies ensuring employee adherence to policies and procedures
– Ensure all areas including Grab-n-Go are properly cleaned and sanitized each day
– Handle all employee needs, including;
o New employee training and onboarding
o Employee relations, coordinating solutions with Manager to resolve issues that may arise in accordance with company policies
o Provide feedback to Manager to assist with evaluating employee performance
– High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) is considered an asset
– 2+ years’ experience in a managerial position is an asset
– Preferable experience of a multi-faceted C-Store
– Knowledge of the Akwesasne Mohawk Territory an asset.
– Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to learn new tasks working efficiently under pressure during busy times
– Knowledge in food service is considered an asset
To Apply: Online at www.twinleafstores.com and Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or send to CAA Management: c/o Jake Swamp, PO Box 609, 76 Geronimo Lane, Akwesasne, NY 13655.Apply here.